Hello Ecarib users!! Today’s blog provides a step-by-step guide on how small businesses can achieve potential social media success.
Today more and more small businesses are turning to social media to promote their business, gain visibility and connect with new customers. Most small businesses are using social media for the following reasons:
- It’s inexpensive
- It’s easy and simple to use
- Their customers are on social media sites
- It doesn’t take long
Whether you like it or not all your potential customers are on social networks and they are following and tweeting about their favourite brands and companies. Therefore there is no doubt that social media has become a powerful marketing tool for small businesses that lack advertising dollars.
Step 1: Devise a strategy that will help get you noticed.
First you must decide on a social media site that would make the most sense for your business. Most persons use Facebook and Twitter, but there are others such as Google+ and Linkedin that are also very effective. When the right social network is chosen, use it to publicize offers or run deals. The combination of word-of-mouth along with your social network will help get your small business the recognition it needs and drive traffic to your website and store.
Step 2: Run a creative campaign to share promotions through your social network
- Try to encourage people to like your page or share content on your page thus creating buzz for the campaign
- Have special offers and discounts to generate more traffic on your on your social media site
Step 3: Build up your Fans Followers
- Encourage everyone to Like you on Facebook and follow you on Twitter
- Be willing to invest the time and money it takes to respond to your online followers
- Customers want to know that someone is listening, so responding to your customers in a timely manner will help you gain points for customer service
Step 4: Manage your content
- Be wary of what you broadcast on your social network. Don’t just broadcast anything! If you want build a good following create quality content that would intrigue your followers
- Allow people to share sponsored stories on your social pages. Offering discounts and special offers are great for getting customers to your site but also encourage conversation among your customers
Step 5: Don’t duplicate your content
- Posting the same ole thing from your Facebook page, Twitter account and Google+ will not help you gain followers instead it may cause you to lose them
- Tailor your content to suit your social network and research the audience you are catering to. Also incorporate photos and rich media content to tell your story
So there you have it folks a brief step-by-step guide on how to ensure social media success in your small business. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and share with us on Google+.
So until next Ecarib users!!!!!